Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-thon: the Starting Line


The read-a-thon has started! Here is Kate's and my pile of books, along with our favourite Penguin mugs. We're also hoping that Julia, my older daughter and Kate's sister, will join us for part of the day. Here are our answers to the Hour 1 Introductory Questionnaire.
  1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
    We're in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, and it's a bright sunny day here today!
  2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
    I'm looking forward to No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay. Kate's still undecided about what she's going to read.
  3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?
    Our favourite junk food for read-a-thons: salt-and-vinegar chips and Orangina. I've also stocked up on lots of fruits and vegetables to snack on.
  4. Tell us a little something about yourself!
    Kate spends almost all of her spare time playing music or singing. I'm a software developer and avid knitter.
  5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
    Kate and I have been doing this read-a-thon for several years now. I hope to do some more cheerleading today.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy!

    Love to have you stop by, if you get a chance! <a href="http://www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com>Deb Nance at Readerbuzz</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mugs! I've got The Great Gatsby one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of doing the readathon with a partner. Will have to look into this next time.

    Awesome book choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paulina and Kate

    Sounds like you guys have a great day head of you!

    Have fun Chris (Team Lion Cheerleaders)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you're doing this as a family. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both your mugs and pile! Which one is the Lois Lowry?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all, for visiting! Masanobu, the Lois Lowry is the most recent in the Giver series, Son. I plan to read #2 and #3 in the series first, but I picked this one up from the library as a possible reading candidate for my daughter Kate, who has finished the first three in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa I LOVE your mugs they're amazing!!! Where did you get them?

    I hope you are enjoying the readathon so far, keep going, you can do it!!! Rah-Rah-Readathon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got these mugs at a local bookstore, but I believe there are a number of places that sell them on-line, and bookstores can order them directly from Penguin.

      Delete