Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Introductory Post

The read-a-thon has started! I'll start with Kate's and my answers for the introductory meme.

1)Where are you reading from today?
We're both comfortably settled in the living room.

2)Three random facts about me…
From Kate:
  • My favourite colour is purple.
  • I play the violin, piano and guitar.
  • I read the newspaper comics every morning.
From me:
  • I usually knit in my free time when I'm not reading.
  • I love every kind of seafood.
  • I've just finished watching all the Star Trek Next Generation season 2 episodes with Kate.
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I've got about a dozen books in my TBR pile and will pick a few of them for the read-a-thon.

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I signed up for an hour of cheerleading. Hopefully, I'll be able to spend even more time catching up with all the blogs after the actual read-a-thon is over. I'm hoping to finish two books this time around. Kate has no definite goals. She said she'll just read when she feels like it.

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
I like to save up books that I really, really want to read for read-a-thon day. Even if I have other books on the go, I give myself permission to start new books today.

2 comments:

  1. Here to cheer you on> Enjoy your reading. Pace yourself, take lots of breaks and drink plenty of fluids. I find that these three keep me awake and alert longer. Have fun with your read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete